Books for circulation
1. book loan quota & period:
① general collections: postgraduate student 22 copies; Undergraduate student 10 copies
② I type collections : 4 copies
③ period: Postgraduate student 2 months; other readers 1 month.
2. Readers entering the library should tap on your cards or present the borrowing cards, and it is not permitted to use other one’s ID card. Once found, you will be handled according to relevant regulations; valid ID cards or loan cards are valid identification for readers to borrow collections from the library.
3. Readers can select books on demand in each reading room. At the same time, you should keep the shelves clean and tidy. Books that need to be borrowed can choose self-service borrowing or manual borrowing. If you do not need to borrow books, please do not put them on the shelves by yourself and put books to the specified location.
4. When using the self-service to borrow book, you need to select the borrowing module first, following the operation instruction, until the system prompts “borrowing the book successfully”, you can take the book and leave; at the general service desk (floor 1 in the Nanhu library, floor 2 in the Wenchang library), conform your information is correct firstly, and degauss books after borrowing is completed.
5. When returning the books at the general service desk, please wait until the staff has finished processing. When using the self-service to return book, please select the returning book module first, follow the instruction, and put books to the specified location after the system promote “return successfully”.
6. Collections in Densified Storage Zones and Wenchang back issues reading room must be circulated in its’ own library.
7. Readers with books over the period cannot use self-borrowing service.
8. Books are overdue, lost or defaced will be published according to the regulations.
9. Reader should keep the borrowing ID properly. For the personal reason, the reader should be responsible for all the consequences that ID used by others. The loss of library ID need report immediately and the loss before reporting will be charged by yourself.
Periodicals borrowing rules
1. Periodicals and newspapers are only available in-library reading. The self-copy service is available in the library.
2. Readers should keep the bookshelves clean. For each reader, the quota for current issue is 3 per time, 1 for newspaper and newspaper clipping. After reading, please put them back to the original place.
3. Bags are not allowed in the newspaper reading room, please put it in the locker.
Special collections borrowing rules
1. The special collections in the library mainly includes doctor and master dissertations, standard literatures and etc. Each reader can borrow 2 collections with 1 month.
2. Thesis and literatures are overdue, lost or defaced will be published according to the regulations.
“book passing” rules
1) “Book passing” means readers can return books at any campus. It is a collection sharing between two campuses and provide convenience for readers to return books. This service can access at the general reference desk of each campus (floor 1 of Nanhu library and floor 2 of Wenchang library).
Loss and damage
1. Compensation of lost books
a) Foreign books collected before 1988: original price * 7
b) Foreign books collected after 1988: original price * 5 (for photocopy: original price *2)
c) General books: original price *5
d) I type books: original price*3
e) Multi-volume books and reference books: original price * 7
f) Current issues: original price *2
g) Newspapers: monthly price
h) Dissertations: 300 RMB for doctor dissertations and 150 RMB for master dissertations
i) For lost books Readers may offer the library a copy of identical edition of the lost book (if still in print), or a copy of newer edition (the approval of the library is required). In addition, readers also need to pay the processing fee which normally will be 5RMB.
2. Compensation of damaged books
a) Not serious damage
lBooks: original price * 1/4 for fewer than 5 pages; original price *1/2 for more than 5 pages
lPeriodicals and newspapers and others: 0.5 RMB /each page
b) Serious damage
lBooks: original price * 2 for fewer than 5 pages; original price *5 for more than 5 pages
lPeriodicals and newspapers: original price *10
lDoctor dissertations: 10 RMB /page
lMaster dissertations: 5 RMB/page
3. Compensation for overdue
a) Books: 0.1 RMB/day
b) Back issues: 0.2 RMB/day
c) Other resources: 0.5 RMB/day